TigerNet is the oldest and largest Clemson Community online with 151,524 members, 56,972 news articles and 28M forum posts.
|Ht./Wt.:||6'2", 180 lbs|
|High School:||The Patrick School|
|Years:||2019 - 2020|
B I O
- Played in 31 games and made 26 starts as a true freshman.
- Averaged 9.0 points, 2.8 rebounds and 2.5 assists per contest. Scored 279 points.
- Shot 38.1 percent from the field, 31.8 percent from three and 78.9 percent from the free throw line.
- Averaged nearly 30 minutes per game (29.9) and finished with 30 steals and one block.
Best Games, 2019-20
- Scored 11 points in career debut against Virginia Tech (Nov. 5). Finished 4-for-11 from the field and with six rebounds.
- Played 34 minutes and scored 16 points against Colgate (Nov. 10), finishing 6-for-12 from the field and 2-for-6 from three.
- Led the Tigers with 19 points and five rebounds in a win over Alabama A&M (Nov. 21). Finished an efficient 7-for-11 from the field and 3-for-6 from distance.
- Posted back-to-back double-digit scoring games, netting 13 points at Florida State (Dec. 8) and against South Carolina (Dec. 15).
- Scored 16 points in the Tigers’ first ACC win of the season over NC State (Jan. 4). Finished 9-for-10 from the free throw line.
- Notched 11 points on the road at Virginia (Feb. 5).
- Led Clemson with 18 points, including 17 in the second half, of a blowout victory on the road at Pitt (Feb. 12). Finished 5-for-9 from the field and 4-for-7 from three. He added in five assists and two rebounds in 35 minutes.
- Scored in double-figures in three-straight games, including a career-high 22 points in a blowout win at Boston College (Feb. 22). Finished an efficient 8-for-12 from the field and 6-for-10 from three. The six threes were a career-high. He added in three rebounds and three assists.
- Posted 10 points at Georgia Tech (Feb. 25).
- Scored 18 points, including the game-winning layup with 1.0 second left to take down No. 6 Florida State (Feb. 29). Finished 8-for-18 from the floor, making two 3-pointers and dishing four assists.
- Finished the season with an 18-point effort to help lead the Tigers to a ACC Tournament victory over Miami (March 11), finishing 4-for-7 from the field, 2-for-4 from three and a perfect 8-for-8 from the free throw line.
- Comes to Clemson as a four-star prospect according to both ESPN and 247Sports. ESPN ranks Dawes No. 95 in its Top 100 for the 2019 signing class. He is rated the fifth-best prospect in New Jersey, 15th nationally at the point guard position and 24th overall on the east coast.
- Averaged 15.5 points, 4.3 assists, 3.1 rebounds and 2.1 steals per game on the NIKE EYBL Circuit en route to third-team honors – earning Top 15 recognition.
- Chose Clemson over Providence, Seton Hall, St. John’s and UCONN.
- Born September 28, 2001 (turns 20 years old prior to 2020-21 season).
- Majoring in Communications.
High School Accolades
- ESPN Top 100 Prospect
- 247Sports Top 150 Prospect
- Rivals Top 150 Prospect
- Finished Top 15 at NPBA Camp
- Finished Top 3 at Chris Paul’s CP3 Camp
- Made Third-Team overall on the Nike EYBL Circuit (meaning he finished Top 15 on the Nike Circuit)
*Courtesy Clemson Media Guide
Latest Al-Amir Dawes News
2 months ago by David Hood
Simms' 25 points and late heroics lift Clemson over Miami
2 months ago by Tony Crumpton
Clemson falls to Virginia Tech for first loss of season
3 months ago by Press Release
Clemson stays undefeated with blowout win over SC State
4 months ago by Brandon Rink
Tigers see strength in numbers as advantage this season
ACC Tourney preview: Tigers get another chance at 'Noles
12 months ago by Brandon Rink
Clemson cool at free-throw line to advance to ACC quarters
- sportscenter top 10 softball highlight -
- Dabo needs to lend the ROY bus to Brad. -
- "Clemson will benefit better from a lower seed.... -
- Clemson Just Outside Of New AP Top 25 -
- TNET: Clemson LB target sets commitment date -
- A true Clemson gentlemen -
- Jalon Walker high 4 star linebacker commitment date released -
- Best guards to play for Clemson -
- TNET: Bracket Watch: Clemson keeps move up in seed projections heading into March -
- The headline is writing itself... -
- QB Sam Horn of Suwanee, GA......... -
- Hill Watch...187 days!!! -
- So which wide receiver splits time at corner? -
- Clemson Women's Tennis tops Kennesaw State -
- So I decided to enter the transfer portal at work today -
- Click the link below to read more!