|Ht./Wt.:||5-10, 220 lbs|
|High School:||Parkview HS|
|Years:||2019 - 2020|
Talented catcher who was expected to play a prominent role on the 2020 team, but was injured.
2020: Redshirted … ACC Academic Honor Roll member … suffered a broken leg in a Feb. 7 scrimmage and missed the season … No. 26 freshman in the nation in the preseason by Perfect Game … No. 4 freshman in the ACC in the preseason by Perfect Game … No. 3 ACC prospect for the 2022 draft in the preseason by Baseball America … No. 25 ACC prospect for the 2022 draft in the preseason by D1Baseball.
Before Clemson: Drafted in the 30th round (No. 910 overall pick) by the Cleveland Indians … Under Armour All-American … second-team All-American by Baseball America … first-team all-state selection … set the school record for RBIs in a season … led his team to state titles as a junior (34-6) and senior (36-4) … lettered four times in baseball and one time in football at Parkview High School, where he was coached by Chan Brown.
Personal: Majoring in communication … born Jonathan Edward French on Oct. 16, 2000 in Atlanta, Ga.
• One fact that most people don’t know – Played the trumpet in middle school
• Proudest childhood accomplishment – Winning back-to-back state titles in high school
• Ideal vacation spot – Venice, Italy
• Childhood heroes – His parents
• One person, living or dead, to eat dinner with – Guy Fieri
*Courtesy Clemson Media Guide
Latest Jonathan French News
- Hendrik William van Loon had this to say... -
- TNET: Clemson midfielder named National Player of the Week -
- Starship SN10 likely to launch (and crash) within -
- Lots happening around Clemson sports right now, BUT -
- Post below prompts a Clemson Baseball question ... -
- Caden Grice is gonna hit some mammoth -
- The double bye- P&D seem to think if we win 2 we've got it -
- TNET: Trevor Lawrence updates his shoulder rehab -
- I HATE THAT STUPID GROUNG HOG -
- PJ Hall will play tonight -
- TNET: Clemson 2021 skill positions early look: RB and WR -
- Hill Watch...185 days!!! -
- Cade -
- Klubnik --- -
- Updated ACC Basketball Standings (3/2)..... -
- Click the link below to read more!